photography on this page provided by Jared Chambers
Since 2008, Greenvale Strategies has guided our clients through the intersection of commerce and philanthropy.
We work with non-profit organizations and institutional funders to identify new opportunities, and upgrade existing cause related programs and facilitate, pioneering impactful partnerships which meet the objectives of the for-profit and non-profit organization alike.
OUR SERVICES: B2B and B2Charity
- Corporate cause-partnerships
- New business development
- Prospect identification and approach
- Non-profit management and law
- Corporate community affairs and employee engagement
- Corporate, foundation and individual philanthropy strategies and tactics
- Fundraising, grant-writing and board growth
- Major donor campaigns
- Capital Campaigns
- Sponsorship sales and events-marketing partnerships
- Grass-roots marketing and charitable co-ventures
- International NGO (non-governmental organizations) - US philanthropic guidance
Leadership & team of consultants
Greenvale works with a stable of consultants across multiple commercial and non-profit disciplines. We take great pride in selecting the ideal subject matter expert per project.
Brian J. McGinley, Co-Founder
Brian's career path over the past 20 years has served as an excellent vehicle for bringing value to non-profit organizations seeking to increase and diversify their revenue generation.
His fundraising and cause-marketing skills were honed at the local, national and international levels and introduced him to a wide array of domestic and transatlantic donors, corporate foundations and private funding sources. He has managed projects totaling over $94 million. His expertise includes strategic partnerships, corporate relations, board development, capital campaigns, foundation relations, prospect research and cause-marketing sponsorships.
He has a tremendous passion for the non-profit sector and enjoys being part of the transformational role that philanthropy can play in people’s lives.
He holds B.A. in Government and Politics with a minor in History from Manhattan College and a Fundraising and Non-Profit Management Certification from Columbia University. He has also completed cause-related marketing courses at New York University. In 2016, he received an Executive Education Certificate at Fordham University's Center for Non-Profit Leaders. He is currently a candidate for his Masters of Nonprofit Management at Regis University.
Dan Winter, Account Director | CHICAGO/NEW YORK
Over twenty years of experience in fundraising, primarily in planned and major
giving, also including annual fund, grant writing, and event planning.
- Leadership of teams and task forces within nonprofits, and committees and
boards of associations.
- Skilled public speaker (meeting facilitator, conference speaker, moderator and
panelist), writer (grant proposals to foundations or individuals, newsletter
design, editing and copywriting, strategic and operational plans) and gift
solicitor (major, planned , and annual gifts using in-person, email, paper mail
and telephone techniques).
- Volunteer in education, the arts, conservation and within the profession.
- Boston University School of LawJ.D. (admitted to the Illinois Bar)
- University of Delaware B.A., International Relations
What We've Achieved
- Cause-marketing partnership between a professional hockey team and a large NGO in Europe.
- Managed a small institute's first ever capital fund for a new headquarters, The Campaign for the Future - new building successfully funded.
- Expanded the READ platform at Penguin Group(USA) to include partnerships with...
The Humane Society (READ Humane)
USA Cares (READ for our Soldiers)
The American Heart Association (READ for the Heart).
- Created the READ Pink partnership between Penguin Group (USA) and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - a 5 year partnership.
- Rolled out a transatlantic revenue generation plan engaging global philanthropy and higher education goals.
- Established corporate introductions and partnerships with blue-chip companies to benefit our clients.
- Generated over $6 million in cause-related sales with Penguin Group (USA).
- Steer a board growth and prospect identification initiative for a national wellness organization.